cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

getContainerLink()? Link to root folder of container?

grocha
1-Newbie

getContainerLink()? Link to root folder of container?

I can use the code below to get the container name without any query, but I want to use it in the notification template and present it to the user as a direct link to the root folder of that container, anybody knows a way to get this link?

“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”

2 REPLIES 2

Guilherme,

You can use below code to get the URL for container

com.ptc.netmarkets.model.NmOid contentOid = new com.ptc.netmarkets.model.NmOid((WTObject) container);

urlFactoryBean.setRequestURI(com.ptc.netmarkets.util.misc.NetmarketURL.BASEURL);

Thanks,

grocha
1-Newbie
(To:grocha)

Hello Shreyas,

Thank you for your prompt answer, you code looks sharp!

I get this other solution from PTC and I am posting it here just to increase the information of the forum, what do you think of this technique, do you see any issue?

package ext;

import wt.fc.ObjectIdentifier;

import wt.fc.PersistenceHelper;

import public void Exception

{

ObjectIdentifier oidIdentifier = new ObjectIdentifier("wt.pdmlink.PDMLinkProduct:13422");

wt.pdmlink.PDMLinkProduct pn= (wt.pdmlink.PDMLinkProduct)PersistenceHelper.manager.refresh(oidIdentifier);

.println("object id getObjectIdentifier : "+pn.getPersistInfo().getObjectIdentifier());

System.out.println("object id getPersistInfo: "+pn.getPersistInfo());

System.out.println( pn. getIdentity

String partoid= "OR:"+pn.toString();

System.out.println("OID: "+pn.getPersistInfo().getObjectIdentifier());

com.ptc.netmarkets.util.misc.NmAction action = com.ptc.netmarkets.util.misc.NmActionServiceHelper.service.getAction("object","view",Locale.ENGLISH);

if ( action == null ) throw new Exception ( "Unable to get action" );

action.setWindowType("page");

action.setContextObject ( com.ptc.netmarkets.model.NmOid.newNmOid ( partoid ) );

String url = action.getActionUrlExternal();

System.out.println("URL: "+url);

http://ptcsupport2d1.ptcnet.ptc.com:81/Windchill/servlet/TypeBasedIncludeServlet?oid=OR%3Awt.pdmlink.PDMLinkProduct%3A13422&u8=1

Thank you in advance!

Guilherme Rocha

Top Tags