cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

how to launch a newly defined workflow template process

rsingaram
11-Garnet

how to launch a newly defined workflow template process

After I define a new workflow template, I need to use this workflow for a document. How can I do this? Should I again go to utilities/workflow template Administration/choose the workflow template/ Right Mouse button/Initate Workflow process/..." 

Understand there is another alternate method:  Need to cusotmize jsp pages etc., to add the menu along with the list of change processes 

Is there any other better method?

Thanks... 

- Ravi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Ravi,

Ideally, doing Initate Workflow process from utilities/workflow template Administration/choose the workflow template/ Right Mouse button, is a way to initiate workflow for quick testing. But there are other methods as well...

If you wish to initiate this workflow everytime new document is created, then you can do something like below:

1. Create OIR for the Document Type. (You can do it at container or org level depending on you business need)

2. In this OIR specify, Lifecycle template to be used for the document type

3. From utilities/lifecycle template Administration, define Lifecycle specified in step #2

4. In the lifecycle, at first state, you can define which workflow to be initiated.

There are certain API to start workflow process programatically too, but those are unsupported API hence it is not recommonded to use them.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Shirish

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Ravi,

Ideally, doing Initate Workflow process from utilities/workflow template Administration/choose the workflow template/ Right Mouse button, is a way to initiate workflow for quick testing. But there are other methods as well...

If you wish to initiate this workflow everytime new document is created, then you can do something like below:

1. Create OIR for the Document Type. (You can do it at container or org level depending on you business need)

2. In this OIR specify, Lifecycle template to be used for the document type

3. From utilities/lifecycle template Administration, define Lifecycle specified in step #2

4. In the lifecycle, at first state, you can define which workflow to be initiated.

There are certain API to start workflow process programatically too, but those are unsupported API hence it is not recommonded to use them.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Shirish

Thanks Shirish,

This method works for me..

- Ravi

Thanks Shirish,

This method works for me..

- Ravi

Top Tags