cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

"Upload FailureConnection failure in upload operation"

ptc-4276574
1-Newbie

Hi All,

I am getting this information in event manager while uploading my top level assembly into windchill.

But I am able to checkin the other parts and sub assemblies.

Thanks,

Mohammed Thajudeen. S

7 REPLIES 7
ShandRonnie
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4276574)

I am also getting the exact error message when trying to checkin a large assembly

My guess is that Apache may be timing out during the upload.

In the httpd.conf add or change the following settings:

Timeout 60

KeepAliveTimeOut 900

Regards,

Robert Kennedy

Eccellent Solutions

ShandRonnie
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4276574)

I had the same problem after working in PDMLink offline mode while the server was down one morning.
According to PTC, the Cache folder that handles my local workspaces could have gotten corrupted during that time.

The name of my Cache folder is something like this: pdmlink*.*.cache

The fix to a corrupted Cache folder is to close Pro/E, rename your existing Cache folder and then re-start Pro/E.
All your unchecked files get lost, but you can continue to work with a brand new Cache folder.
Prior to renaming the cahe folder backup your modified files to a local folder so that you can bring them back to your workspace after the Cache renaming.

Now I can upload again to Commonspace.

My old Cache folder was 4.68 GB in size. The new one is under 1 GB.

Regards,

Ronnie Shand

Hi all,

I am getting the same problem, but my files are very small, like just a sheet part with its drawing.

I guess I don´t have problem with the cache, because I used just 898MB. and I have available 387191MB.

I can checkout, modified and save the item, but I could not do the upload and checkin, when I tried, the conflict management shows:

Upload FailureConnection failure in upload operation

HTTP Upload Failed.

Does someone have any ideia to resolve this?

Regards

Guilherme Schenkel

Is there any error in the Method Server log?

Now it works.

I am working in two differents networks, for exemple, one day in my house and the next day in the company, and until yesterday, I didn't get any problem with this. Last week, I worked all the week at the company, and yesterday I could work at home, and this problem begun, but it was everything ok with my home's network I could even do check out and undo check out.

Today I am at the company and everything is working.

Sorry, but I didn't figure out what is the Method Server log. And I don't know if I achieved answer your question.

Thanks

The Issue will be with Network connection. Issue will be solved if we reset network connection

Thanks,

Om Sai

Top Tags