cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Impossible to publish an Integrity document from Edit In Word when there are Contents with Reference Mode = Share

fantony
1-Newbie

Impossible to publish an Integrity document from Edit In Word when there are Contents with Reference Mode = Share

- From an Integrity document A, copy a content

- From an Integrity document B, Paste Special in Shared Mode.

- Edit In Word on document B. Modify a content.

- Publish the Change.

-> Impossible to publish the whole of document -> An error is displayed by Integrity because of the fact that Contents that are in Shared mode are in read only.

Do you know a workaround for this case?

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Frederic,

The workaround I am aware of is to add a where clause (like you would do for any other word export) stating that "Reference Mode != Share".

Then, you dont get those items returned.

And finally, the word resync will also work

Hope this helps

Volker

fantony-2
5-Regular Member
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Hello Volker,

Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, it does not work. Because when I add the Where clause, the Edit In Word view is not filtered (I can see the Share Reference Mode Contents). Moreover, the whole of the document is in read only mode.

Does it mean I need a configuration in order to allow the filter to be applied in the Edit In Word?

Hi Frederic,

The layout that I had in mind was this:

Edit-In-Word.PNG

Important is to have the Reference Mode as a normal field somewhere, otherwiese the value is not mapped.

You can put it wherever you want, also in White color is fine.

Otherwise the IF statement can not recognize the field.

Hope this helps

Volker

fantony-2
5-Regular Member
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Hello Volker,

Thanks a lot for your help. I didn' t know that the Référence Mode shall be set as a normal field somewhere to be mapped.

Now, it works.

Regards,

Frédéric

Hi Frédéric,

you are right, this is not really obvious. I found this out some time ago by looking into the log files.

Word Export fires internally the Gateway, therefore you have the usual log files like Gateway.log + GatewayApp.log to check.

Glad that it works now for you.

Volker 

Top Tags