cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

how to logging into aphelion web tools page?

ptc-2213139
1-Newbie

how to logging into aphelion web tools page?

When I finished installing Windchill PDMLink, I have set the LDAP user cn=Manager/manager, but when I'm going to login into the aphelion web tools page, I type "cn=Manager" as username and "manager" as password, but it always says "Access denied". Why? Can somebody log into the aphelion web page?
4 REPLIES 4

You should enter the windows username and password (under which you installed Aphelion), not the Aphelion administrator's name and password.

If you are on a windows domain, you also have to prefix that user name with the domain name (domainname\username), and the names are case sensitive. If you saved the install summary, use the domain and user names listed under "Windows Domain Name for User Administering LDAP" and "Windows User Name for User Administering LDAP" or whatever the appropriate entries are if you are not using windows.
FMason
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-2213139)

Hi czhu,

I know this is an old post but did you ever fix this problem? i have the same issue with a unix system.

FMason
5-Regular Member
(To:FMason)

We fixed this eventually in our AIX environment. After all the recommended configuration tasks were done with no joy (ACCESS DENIED at logon to the Aphelion Web Tools page). It turned out to be that the following was required.

Find the file aphelionMenu in the cgi folder and run the following commands

chown root aphelionMenu (this sets the ownership to the master admin id - in this case root)

chmod 4551 aphelionMenu (this applies the setuid action to the file)

Note that the group should not matter.

You can validate that via ls -l in cgi folder and should look like this (note the 's')

-r-sr-x--x 1 root 1281 298560 Jun 23 2011 aphelionMenu

Top Tags