cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Bulk Item Quantity - Repeat Region Relation

Marty1
1-Newbie

Bulk Item Quantity - Repeat Region Relation

Hello:

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. Please go easy on me.

I am a long time user of Pro/ENGINEER, but I have never utilized relations, rules, filters, and such in a drawing's BOM's repeat regions before.

I am currently working on a project and its assembly requires bulk items, so I am attempting to correctly place them in the BOM so that their respective quantities show A/R, or AR (as required) instead of one. I have mined the internet forums including this one for tips/directions on how to do this, but I am having no success. I have learned a lot about the workings of the tables and their repeat regions, but cannot get the relations and filters to work properly for these bulk items.

I used create component within the assembly, and use the bulk item template to implant the bulk item in the assembly. I tried relations, installing the relation in the Repeat Region of the column in the BOM for the first line item in the relation. I played with a parameter “QTY, Qty, and qty” in the bulk items. No success.

I have attached a Powerpoint of my attempts with a test assembly and its drawing.

I would really like to do the BOM the right way.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Marty

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dale:

Thanks for the link. I've read through it, and I now have a BOM that properly reflects what I want! AR shown in the BOM's quantity column for my bulk item.

I may have overstated some details for doing this...

The way I put AR in the quantity column is to change the report symbol in the repeat region for the column from rpt.qty to rpt.rel.User Defined, then enter "quantity" (without quotation marks) in the Symbol Text window that pops up.

Then enter/create a repeat region relation in the Relations editor pop up window for the repeat region (mouse picks: Repeat Region, Relations, select/digitize BOM repeat region):

IF asm_mbr_type == "BULK ITEM"

quantity = "AR"

ELSE

quantity = rpt_qty

ENDIF

After hitting the OK button on the Relations editor window to close it, toggle the Switch Symbols button. If all goes well, AR will now be in the quantity column for the Bulk Item(s) in your assembly.

You need to use the Bulk Item template by creating a part within the assembly and selecting the Bulk Item template.

Thanks again!

Marty

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Marty1)

Martin,

Check out this discussion.

http://communities.ptc.com/message/178572#178572

Thanks, Dale

Dale:

Thanks for the link. I've read through it, and I now have a BOM that properly reflects what I want! AR shown in the BOM's quantity column for my bulk item.

I may have overstated some details for doing this...

The way I put AR in the quantity column is to change the report symbol in the repeat region for the column from rpt.qty to rpt.rel.User Defined, then enter "quantity" (without quotation marks) in the Symbol Text window that pops up.

Then enter/create a repeat region relation in the Relations editor pop up window for the repeat region (mouse picks: Repeat Region, Relations, select/digitize BOM repeat region):

IF asm_mbr_type == "BULK ITEM"

quantity = "AR"

ELSE

quantity = rpt_qty

ENDIF

After hitting the OK button on the Relations editor window to close it, toggle the Switch Symbols button. If all goes well, AR will now be in the quantity column for the Bulk Item(s) in your assembly.

You need to use the Bulk Item template by creating a part within the assembly and selecting the Bulk Item template.

Thanks again!

Marty

Top Tags