cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Datum Tag Size In Model Display?

ptc-4864603
1-Newbie

Datum Tag Size In Model Display?

Is it possible to change the text scale/height of datum tags in the model display?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

for posterity...

there is a hidden config option, USE AT OWN RISK, I'm on Creo 2.0 M100 :

text_height_factor

you can enter a percentage value, when I added the config it auto-populated with a value of 70, assuming that's default) I changed mine to 90 (smaller display size) and it is much better.

edit: Creo does seem a little slower on startup, noticeable but not that bad. Why this isn't an available setting out of the box is puzzling.

Message was edited by: Ryan Gilmore

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

for posterity...

there is a hidden config option, USE AT OWN RISK, I'm on Creo 2.0 M100 :

text_height_factor

you can enter a percentage value, when I added the config it auto-populated with a value of 70, assuming that's default) I changed mine to 90 (smaller display size) and it is much better.

edit: Creo does seem a little slower on startup, noticeable but not that bad. Why this isn't an available setting out of the box is puzzling.

Message was edited by: Ryan Gilmore

On a related note, is there an option to change the font of the datum tags?

i think there is a setting to get the old Wildfire stick fonts, I forgot how though.

EDIT:

found it....

use_pre_wildfire_text_font = yes, no (default)

hmm... that kind of works. I was looking for the way to specify which truetype font the system would use for the tags...

yeah, that one i don't know, these were nthe only font settings i found

default_font

Sets font for text other than menu bar, menus and their children, and pop-up menus and help. Add comma-delimited variables in any order (italic bold, 24, times or 24, times, italic bold have the same effect). Any omitted variable uses standard setting.

fonts_size

Determines the relative size of the text in menus and dialog boxes. You must restart Creo Parametric for the change to take effect.

menu_font

Specify font used in the Creo Parametric menu bar, menus, and all their children. Specify the comma-delimited variables in any order (italic bold, 24, times or 24, times, italic bold have the same effect). Any omitted variable uses the standard setting.

popuphelp_font

Specify font used in the Creo Parametric pop-up help. Add the comma-delimited variables in any order (italic bold, 24, times or 24, times, italic bold have the same effect). Any omitted variable uses the standard setting.

model_tree_font

Specify font used in the Creo Parametric Model Tree. specify the comma-delimited variables in any order (italic bold, 24, times or 24, times, italic bold have the same effect). Any omitted variable uses the standard setting.

I don't know of a way either to change the model display font to use a true type font instead.  the hidden config option text_height_factor to make the model display fonts smaller is working for me.  thanks for listing the other options, I am using a mono-spaced font for my model tree now, which helps me keep track of part numbers (e.g. model_tree_font consolas, 10)

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags