cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Insert Alt 30? (Filled Triangle)

mjenkins
5-Regular Member

Insert Alt 30? (Filled Triangle)

We have a company symbol which is basically a filled triangle of Alt 30.

When I type an html message in Outlook or Word, I can insert the character by using Alt 30.

When I am in Pro Engineer then I can insert the character in the note box but it shows up as a box.

Any clues on how I can enable this?  Then I don't have to use a symbol every time I make a dimension that needs the symbol.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mjenkins)

The alt-30 character must be in the font file you are using. The Alt-30 code will vary depending on your active font.

Are you using the same font file in Word as you are in Pro/E?

You can copy the font file to the Pro/E font folder from the MS system font folder and then set Pro/E to use that as your default font.

mjenkins
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

I used {1:} in the note and then I was able to only select the triangle part and apply the Arial font.  That worked!

Now if only there was someway to only change one portion of extra text added to a dimension?

Example:

{1:@D}{2:} You are not allowed to pick one portion of the text and change the text style.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:mjenkins)

Not sure what you mean, putting certain parts of the sentence in the brackets allows you to change that text at will.  The only issue is sometimes it wants to change where the brackets are on you, and makes it the default style.  Sometimes you have to work it a little.

Mike is reporting that:

• user can set different font for text portions in notes
  • user can't set different font for text portions in dimensions

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags