cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Feature Request: Active Hyperlinks

jklostermann
5-Regular Member

Feature Request: Active Hyperlinks

What I am really missing is the possibility to link to information outside the model in an fast and easy accessible manner.

Current Situation: There are no active Hyperlinks available.

I copy the Hyperlinks (URLs) as text into the various fields (esp. Description), mainly RTF-typed fields. Unfortunately they are simple text. To access them I need to copy them manually into the browser's address field, which is cumbersome and error-prone.

If I copy working active hyperlinks from an external RTF editor into modeler it does not do the trick (as it does with images and tables), the link gets transformed in the caption and the address that are placed one after the other as plain text.

Desired Behavior: at least in RTF-typed fields I can use active hyperlinks, that by clicking them will open the browser (or any other tool registered in the OS for the hyperlink's protocol) with the respective hyperlink.

Priority: For me it is a high priority feature, as the value of information is directly linked to its accessibility. If access to infomation involves too many steps, in most situations it will not be looked at, and therefore becomes almost worthless (at least in my experience).

Steps of implementation:

• without enhancing the internal RTF Editor:
    • every string without whitespace that starts with a known/Windows-registered Internet protocol is interpreted and transformed automatically into an active clickable hyperlink (as can be found in some email clients).
    • when copying a RTF text (e.g. from MS-Word) into the Modeler's RTF field, the active hyperlink survives and remains usable (and does not get decomposed/serialized into plain text)
  • enhancing the internal RTF Editor toolbar with a link-creator icon that opens a respective dialog, alternatively or additionally via the context menu as can be found in MS-Word or any web editor GUI.

Thanks for considering.

Jan

2 REPLIES 2

You need to create this as a suggestion in the "product ideas" section.

jklostermann
5-Regular Member
(To:dbanham)

I would if I could. But unfortunately I am not allowed to create ideas. I cannot even to vote for them.

Apparently PTC has restricted Basic Members, as I know how it would look like from other Jive platforms, but here I simply cannot even see/access these features.

Feel free to copy the text from my feature request discussion and copy it into a product idea, if you can create one!

I would appreciate that it gets to the place where it belongs to...

@PTC: What is the reason for these restrictions? In big corporates it can happen that licensed users do not get access to the information you require for "higher" membership levels. But do these users have less to give in this community?

Not to forget: They are legal users with licensed products. Just without access to these customer information you require for the "higher" memberships.

Or is there a way that I simply did not find yet?

Top Tags