cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

2D Data Matix as sketch or on a drawing.

J.Wagner
9-Granite

2D Data Matix as sketch or on a drawing.

Hey there,

does anybody know how to get a 2D Data Matrix as dxf or igs, so I can use it in a drawing or as a sketch?

Best regards

Jens

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I used to do it for plotting plate cams. You can create an AutoCAD script file or write the dxf file itself. An autocad script file (*.scr) is a text file with extention .scr that simulates the sequence of commands at command prompt. It would typically look thus....

----

pline

cl

----------

The above script would draw a rectangle of 2 x 2. (note the TWO Paragraph returns)

If you do not have AutoCAD, you may have to create the data from a dxf template.

J.Wagner
9-Granite
(To:s.iyer)

Hello,

thank you for the advise.

Instead of programming the .scr file I would prefer to sketch it in ProE.

What I need is a application where I can enter the desired data and get an .dxf or .igs file which I can insert in my drawing.

Best regards - Jens Wagner

Top Tags