cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

3D Visualisation / Mechanica ASCII result files

AnderasFromm
4-Participant

3D Visualisation / Mechanica ASCII result files

I want to import the Mechanica result in a 3D animation software for a animation. I know, that i can export VRML from the result window, but only not deformed. In a forum i found a link to the description of the ASCII result files of mechanica (http://www.ptc.com/cs/gr_23/howto/mst1283/mst1283_g.htm), so i tried to import them.

First of all, i can import the nodes and elements from the .neu file and i can also assign the calculated displacesments from the .d01 file to the vertices. In the PTC howto is mentioned, that the grid, which is used for the calculation and is build with "p-elements", is evenly subdevided into "h-elements" for the post processing and since i want to do post processing, i think thats what i want.

For a better performance and calcualtion of the face normals the inner faces of the mesh have to be removed. Ok, not a big deal, since it was a FEM grid, every element has its own boundary faces and if a face in the global mesh exists twice, i can just remove both of them. But there is one problem: There are some h-elements missing. More precisely, h-elements, that do not share a boundary face with their p-element, are missing. (missing_elements.gif)

Do i misunderstand the way the .neu file describes the mesh? Does someone here has experiences with the Mechanica result files?

Any help is appreciated!

(WF4 M160 64bit)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags