cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

3D connexion mouse problem - selection

okube?a
1-Newbie

3D connexion mouse problem - selection

Hello,

I´ve got problem with 3D mouse SpaceMouse Wireless. When I´m using Creo Parametric 3.0 and I do some work in assembly...like activate one of models...do some changes...regenerate, it will appear a Selection "Part" so it is impossible to do more changes on active model. I must change selection by my hand to "Smart" and then I can work. It is happening all time.

Another thing is when I don´t touch 3D mouse or unpluged it from computer - then it is no more problem and I can work in "Smart" all day.

3D mouse is very good tool for me, and I don´t want to give up it

Thank you for any response.

Ondrej

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

I found similar problem reported on 3d Connexion Spacemouse Pro // Active Filter PROBLEM page.

If your mouse worked well with Creo 2.0 and now is causing problems with Creo 3.0 then:

• you can try installing current SpaceMouse drivers
  • report the problem to PTC Support

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I start using 3D mouse with Creo 3.0.

PTC Support told me, "we don´t know about this problem". That is why I desperately looking for any help anywhere.

I can reinstall driver, but I have worries about my MapKeys which I´ve got tagged in my software.

What do you think about saving MapKeys?

Ty.

Ondrej

Hi,

I am sorry, I do not have any experience with 3D mouse and its configuration (i.e. MapKeys assigned to its buttons).

MH

Martin Hanák
Duplo
4-Participant
(To:okube?a)

Hi,

to make a backup of you settings you need the following folders:

C: => Users => [Username] => AppData => Roaming => 3Dconnexion => 3DxProENGINEER

C: => Users => [Username] => AppData => Roaming => 3Dconnexion => 3DxWare

You can find the mapkeys at 3DxWare\Cfg\[App]

Hope this helps.

Fred

okube?a
1-Newbie
(To:Duplo)

Hi,

Thank you Fred, I will reinstall driver tomorow with IT man. But my hope is really small because like I see, I´ve got already latest version of driver installed.

We will see. Many thanks for routes to backup. This information I´ve got from PTC Support, so it is right.

OK

Hello gents,

Yesterday I reinstall mouse driver, but without any changes. Even I try to use second device what we got at the office but It is still the same.

I´m desperate.

Andrew

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:okube?a)

Hello Ondrej,

I tried to find the case with Technical Support about this issue, but I could not find anything in our database.

Did you open it on behalf of someone else? Can you provide me the number to check, what went wrong.

I find it strange that the answer should be simply "we don´t know about this problem".

The TSE should either find that it works when (s)he is testing it or - in case testing is not possible - refer you to 3D Connexion.

This is because it is their hardware and their software (based on our Toolkit API) that makes it run. If there is a problem, they would take care and if a solution requires PTC, they usually approach us. But we try to help, if we can.

Thanks,

Gunter

okube?a
1-Newbie
(To:gkoch)

Hello Gunter,

Sorry for my late answer.

We have got 2 devices, but noone from office didn´t work with this mouse. I think a tryed even a second device.

What number you mean? PID of device is A4314151424, P/N: 3DX-600044.

Great day,

Andrew

Top Tags