cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

5 axis machining

Mickyd1
1-Newbie

5 axis machining

HI

Hi could anyone tell me what is creo 2 like for 5 axis machining,we might be getting a 5 axis machine and was wondering if the software is user friendly for it?

thanks Mick

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

More powerful than user friendly. Takes considerable time for new users to learn 5-axis, offers several tools to accomplish nearly every situation but can confusing.

Pro/E 5-axis 15+ years.

I am a new user to Creo and we have 5 axis machines and Creo is very unfriendly to learn and use, but I see is very powerful. I formally am a Mastercam user and I miss Mastercam.

We are still on Wildfire 4 so I cannot speak accurately to Creo's user friendliness and power, but I will say that for my applications the Pro/NC 4 axis continuous is not good, and is a challenge to learn. You really have to be very intuitive in order to try and figure things out, and even then it's still not doing what I want. I don't see the power of the software for my uses. Lots and lots of selections and options, but it just doesn't work for me.

Top Tags