cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

AAx benefits

gbon
1-Newbie

AAx benefits

Hi alls,

I'm wondering what can be done with advanced assembly extension.

I've read pdf brochure but description is not very technical.

What are exactly differences between with or without AAX ?

What I remember (with wildfire 2) :

- Skeletons

- Geometry copies

- Simplified reps

- Exploded views states

So can someone correct this or complete?

Thanks,

GB

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:gbon)

I'd really like to know for sure if simplifies reps and exploded is or
is not part of AAX. Had differing answers when I asked a few weeks ago.
Please let us know. Looking forward to your summary.

We have AAX extensions on our Foundation licenses.

As I recall, the extension allows you to create ADVANCED simplified reps like reps by zone, and other advanced rep types that I can't remember at the moment.

AAX allows you to create AND SAVE explode states. You can create explodes with Foundation, but you can't have more than one.

That's what I recall...

Darrin Hiebert

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
wfalco
15-Moonstone

Darrin,

Thanks. I've seen the documentation - and wish it were clearer.

Wayne

dustin
1-Newbie

I am unaware of the advanced simp reps you are referring to. We have never had AAX, and I have always been able to create as meany exploded states as I like. I just wish the exploded view linked to a view orientation.

As far as I know, one can create drawing simplified reps in drawings, interchange assy, skeletons (tho we have a decent work around for the skeleton), copy geom, publish geom.

There is likely more that I am missing as well. I wish I had interchange assy. Work arounds for this lack of functionality are quite tedious.

It also adds Pro/NOTEBOOK which enables things like Included Items in assemblies along with Global Variables and Layout mode. I'm not sure but it may also enable repeat region programming.

In addition to those already mentioned Pro/ASSEMBLY enables Inheritance features and Interchange assemblies.

Mike Foster
ATK
TomU
23-Emerald IV

...and assembly level UDFs. Think about placing a UDF in a part, but doing it in the context of an assembly, while referencing something else in the assembly (curve, plane, surface, etc.). I have used this extensively in the past for creating custom fasteners that are driven from their parent features.

Tom U.

and Publish/Copy Geometry

On 19.06.
MosheBaum
1-Newbie

Hi,

AAX provide many more advanced capabilities in driving and managing assemblies and complex designs. E.g.Interchange assembly, Unrelated Replace, Default envelopes, Motion skeletons, Inheritence features, Shrinkwraps, Reference control and viewer, manipulate assembly Pro/PROGRAM, assembly UDF, etc.

Top Tags