cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

AFX Automatic Drawing issues

avillena
12-Amethyst

AFX Automatic Drawing issues

Hello,

I'm having some troubles with AFX automatic drawings. There are several things:

AFX_create_component.png

1) Can I use drawing formats stored in Windchill??

I have configured the name of the format used in "drawing_setup.txt":

AFX_drawing_setup.png

If I save "afx_a3_pieza.frm" in "drawing_formats" folder, it works! If I save "afx_a3_pieza.frm" in any other folder, and I point at it with "pro_format_dir", it works!

AFX_pro_format_dir.png

But if I store it in Windchill, and I point "pro_format_dir" at the Windchill folder, AFX can't find the format.

2) When I use the "afx_a3_pieza.frm" format stored in AFX "drawing_formats" folder, AFX can find it, but its created in the Workspace as a New Object, althoug the format exists in Windchill:AFX_new_format.png

Can I configure anything so AFX can find the format in Windchill and reuse it? The only way I have found is to previously donwload the format to the Workspace...

3) When I create the drawings, all profiles are Extracted, althoug they shouln't have been modified...

AFX_extracted.png

Is it the intended behaviour?

I would like to know if I can solve these issues. If they can't be solved I will have to save the format both in Windchill and in the AFX configuration folders. And I will have to download it to Workspace before creating drawings, so it's not created as new...

Thnak you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hi @avillena,

in order to make that work you will need to set the following option in configuration/hidden_options.cfg:

DRAWING_FORMAT_PATH <PATH>

Path to drawing formats (e.g. wtpub://Windchill/Libraries/Formats)

This is required, as AFX tries to evaluate the config.pro option pro_format_dir and on the startup the server can not be reached until the user did the login. 

Regards Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

hi @avillena,

in order to make that work you will need to set the following option in configuration/hidden_options.cfg:

DRAWING_FORMAT_PATH <PATH>

Path to drawing formats (e.g. wtpub://Windchill/Libraries/Formats)

This is required, as AFX tries to evaluate the config.pro option pro_format_dir and on the startup the server can not be reached until the user did the login. 

Regards Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

It's working!! Thank you very much!!

Top Tags