cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Accuracy level to be used in Parametric for Simulate modelling - Creo 2.0

rbowen
1-Newbie

Accuracy level to be used in Parametric for Simulate modelling - Creo 2.0

Dear All

I am currently using Creo Simulate to analyse extruded aluminium framework (racks), used to contain electronic modules.

A rough idea of the size of a rack to be analysed would be 2.0m x 0.5m x 0.5m, divided into a series of horizontal slots used to contain the components.

The edges and corners are L shaped extrusions with corner brackets (generally 3-5mm profile) , with thinner (1-2mm thick) plates to create the 'sides' of the assembly.

The material is typically 5 or 6 series aluminium.

The models will be subjected to static or modal / random dynamic loading.

I am trying to set up a series of guidelines for design community such that the models can be imported into Simulate with minimum de-bugging (I have experienced many models which cannot be imported into simulate due to issues regarding tolerances / accuracies).

When the model has been meshed I also encounter 'element incompatibilities' and several geometry based 'warnings'.

I was wondering whether somoene could help me with some guidance on the 'accuracy settings' for the design of such models (in the Creo Parametric 2.0 domain).

File> Model Properties > Materials > Accuracy

There are Absolute and Relative options, and I believe the values entered are dimensionless.

I am trying to avoid a large re design of existing models such that they will run in Simulate, and also to suggest a set of 'ground rules' for the creation of new models, for the design community, but also for my own work.

Any basic thoughts or  guidelines regarding the 'design' phase of the racks in order to create more accurate designs (and subsequent FEA models)  would be appreciated.

Many thanks

RB.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags