cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Accuracy

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Accuracy

Absolute accuracy has always needed a value; it may be the new UI in WF5 that’s making appear different or perhaps it’s asking for it differently. I’ve just started working in WF5 this month and don’t have a lot of experience with it.

Relative accuracy is a ratio of the largest model dimension to the smallest allowable edge. So, the smallest edge allowed is relative to the model size, as the model size grows the smallest allowable edge grows too. Absolute accuracy represents the absolute length of the smallest edge allowed, regardless of model size.

Doug Schaefer

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
1 REPLY 1

I received some useful information that altered the way I was looking at
accuracy. In a nutshell Relative accuracy smallest dimension "grows" as
the part gets bigger whereas Absolute accuracy retains that smallest
dimension regardless of part size.

As I use a lot of very small details on a relatively large part, I can
see where Absolute accuracy is going to help me. The comment about
Relative accuracy being retained in <wf 3.0=" versions=" of=" start=" parts<br="/>explains why I have to change it more often than not.

Thanks for all who replied and offered explanations.

Richard A. Black

Lead Design Engineer

Eaton Corporation

440 Murray Hill Road

Southern Pines

NC 28387 USA

Top Tags