cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Accurately Identifying Parts with BOM Balloons

ptc-1309896
3-Visitor

Accurately Identifying Parts with BOM Balloons

Hi, I have quite a specific requirement when it comes to identifying parts on my assembly layout drawings, but I'm sure it is not a unique requirement even though I cannot find any solution for it. This might seem like a bit of an essay, but I've been as concise as possible and it's a pretty good conundrum for someone to solve.

Essentially the assemblies are hydraulic components which relate to a schematic diagram. This requirement should translate to any assembly which relates to a schematic, i.e. electrical, pneumatic, electronic, etc. whichis why I think that there may be a solution out there.

My stumbling block comes when relating the parts on the assembly to the symbols of the parts on the schematic. For example a simple manifold block might contain 6 check valves (all exactly the same as each other). The schematic diagram will individually identify each valve, eg. CV1, CV2, CV3... up to CV6.

When inserting a parts list into the drawing CREO will simply identify part number 1 as the manifold block (qty 1) and part number 2 as the check valve (qty 6). I have to break the parametric link and manually edit the parts list and manually insert balloons to match. This leaves it open to errors and takes a lot longer to implement simple updates. It is imperative that the CREO part IDs match the scematic IDs as testers will work off the scematic (i.e. they may be asked to check CV4 - they will need to know physically which part that is on the block)

So I'd like to know if it is possible for CREO to separate out every individual part in the parts list to be able to pinpoint every part with the BOM Balloons. In addition to this, to keep the parts list a reasonable size, is it possible to have the parts list mixed with some grouped components and some totally serparated, eg. some parts - the non-hydraulic components - like nuts and bolts don't need to be individually identified. If this is possible could the parts be identified with a parameter which allows CREO to automatically lay out the parts list and BOM Balloons as I require it?

If anybody can offer any advice it will be very well received as this has been bugging me for a long time. Thanks in advance for any responses.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags