cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Add ability to specify only certain Parameters to be included when saving to a PVZ file.

ehenschke
4-Participant

Add ability to specify only certain Parameters to be included when saving to a PVZ file.

In reference to the following support document that indicates this is not currently part of Creo Parametric Functionality:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS228814

Options should be added to the recipe editor to allow users to specify which parameters should be included (preferably by the Parameter Name) when saving to a PVZ file.

Sensitive data is often stored in the parameters and it would be useful to control which parameters are included when a PVZ file is saved. For example, I wish to create a PVZ file to share with a customer and want them to be able to see my internal part number for the components, but I don't want them to be able to see manufacture's part numbers for those components. Not being able to create a recipe file to accomplish this severely limits the usefulness of PVZ files.

There is a "Filter" tab that can be accessed when the editor is run as an administrator that looks like it may be intended for filtering which parameters are included, or possibly the "Component ID Parameter Name" box at the bottom of the "Parameter\Component" tab, but it is always greyed out. Both of these parts of the recipe editor appear to currently serve no function.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags