cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Adding machining ticks to drawings

ptc-1701983
1-Newbie

Adding machining ticks to drawings

I'm detailing a drawing for the machining of a cast part. I'm not sure what there correct name is but hopefully someone knows what I am after creating. They are the little tick marks that go onto a leader line to designate a machined surface. I also need to add surface tolerances TIA, Richard.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Richard, Do you want to designate surface finish thru a surface finish symbol? then go to Insert/Surface finish. You will get machined symbols there. OR (preffered) Insert/drawing Symbols/custom(you will window)/browse/(then your PTC library path)/symbols/suffins/machined While adding on drawing you will get "Variable Text" option in window. You can add require Ra value here.

"Richard Brummitt" wrote:

I'm detailing a drawing for the machining of a cast part. I'm not sure what there correct name is but hopefully someone knows what I am after creating. They are the little tick marks that go onto a leader line to designate a machined surface. I also need to add surface tolerances TIA, Richard.

"Parijat Koditkar" wrote:

Do you want to designate surface finish thru a surface finish symbol?

Top Tags