cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Adding tolerances to dimensions in sketcher

dbolden
4-Participant

Adding tolerances to dimensions in sketcher

Is it possible to tolerance my dimensions in the sketch as I make the parts?  Will they then come into my drawing toleranced?  I have tol_display set to yes and I have maintain_limit_tol_nominal also set to yes.  What else am I missing to allow this?  I have searched for this but I think it is too basic for seasoned veterans.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dbolden)

It is not possible to add tolerances to dimensions in the sketcher.

dbolden
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

I am relatively new to Creo.  Slowly leaving SolidWorks.  I have two other questions that you may know the answer to

A)  Can you change the direction of an Offset?  When I use offset, it only wants to project inward.  I am cutting a casting window and want to use offset to do the machining.

B)  When I use Project, it projects only the projects a portion of the feature.  I then want to drag it to where I want but the endpoints are locked.  They show red dots but I cannot move them.  Is there a way to drag a projected line once it is dropped?

Thanks

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dbolden)

I'm not sure about what "offset" you are referring to. Possible just keying in a negative number will reverse the direction.

don't believe you can drag a projected edge, there are likely other ways to do what you are trying to do though.

You might want to post separate questions for these that include screen shots to help clarify the situation and desired results.

dbolden
4-Participant

Sounds good.  I forget about the use of negative numbers.

I will post separate questions as suggested

Thanks again

For question B...

When you use Project, you're establishing a sketcher constraint that locks the newly created lines to the edge you projected from. It is possible to delete these constraints. Once deleted you can drag the end points wherever you want. However, once these constraints are deleted and the lines moved it's not really tied to the edge it was projected from in the first place.

dcokin
13-Aquamarine

Yeah, this is annoying; you can't rename them from the sketcher either.  You have to exit the sketcher, and "Edit...", select the dimension, and then right click for the context menu to select "Properties...".

Ever notice that when you right click on a feature you have options to "Edit Definition" and "Edit"?  Learn the difference.  "Edit" temporarily displays all the dimensions in 3D, so you can select and mess with them.  "Edit Definition" brings you back into the sketcher, extrude settings, etc.

Top Tags