cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Annotation display for hole features

sfinke
1-Newbie

Annotation display for hole features

So if I create a threaded hole feature I can see the hole callout on screen giving me the details of the  that hole feature.

BUT

If I create a counter-bored hole feature I get no hole call out.

Why is this? If this is a setting that needs to be adjusted why is it not uniform by default?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you create a hole feature using the hole tool and select a threaded hole, Creo will automatically generate a note based on the .hol file for the thread style you have selected.  If you select the hole tool, but do not use the thread based portion of the tool, a note will not be generated.  Why this is the case, I do not know, but this has been the norm since the hole tool was added to Wildfire.

If you want a counter-bored hole for a screw, you can use the threaded hole portion and select to remove the threads.  This will set the hole to be a clear-hole for the thread size selected (once again, based off of the .hol file for the selected thread type).  However, by default, the note for the threaded holes leave a lot to be desired.  There are several threads already on the forums here that detail how you can expand the tables into something more useful (I recommend correcting the mistakes that exist in some of the diameters to start with).

Calling out Counter bores in Drawings.

Re: Dimensioning holes/creo2.0

Counterbore/Countersink hole Notes on Drawing.

Creo 2.0 Help Center on Hole Tables: http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/creo_hc/creo20_hc/index.jspx?id=hole_tables_about&action=show

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

If you create a hole feature using the hole tool and select a threaded hole, Creo will automatically generate a note based on the .hol file for the thread style you have selected.  If you select the hole tool, but do not use the thread based portion of the tool, a note will not be generated.  Why this is the case, I do not know, but this has been the norm since the hole tool was added to Wildfire.

If you want a counter-bored hole for a screw, you can use the threaded hole portion and select to remove the threads.  This will set the hole to be a clear-hole for the thread size selected (once again, based off of the .hol file for the selected thread type).  However, by default, the note for the threaded holes leave a lot to be desired.  There are several threads already on the forums here that detail how you can expand the tables into something more useful (I recommend correcting the mistakes that exist in some of the diameters to start with).

Calling out Counter bores in Drawings.

Re: Dimensioning holes/creo2.0

Counterbore/Countersink hole Notes on Drawing.

Creo 2.0 Help Center on Hole Tables: http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/creo_hc/creo20_hc/index.jspx?id=hole_tables_about&action=show

Thanks.

If you select the hole tool, but do not use the thread based portion of the tool, a note will not be generated.  Why this is the case, I do not know, but this has been the norm since the hole tool was added to Wildfire.

Sounds like a pretty big flaw if you ask me.

cmoreno
6-Contributor
(To:sfinke)

Pretty standard for this software if you ask me. Its riddled with flaws and inconsistencies and frustrations to make you pull your hair out. Really feel creo is a russian plot to undermine american productivity.

When we had some downtime, we went through all of our standard *.hol files and changed the default callout to standardize them.  Took a little bit of work and testing, but if you focus on the ones you need initially, it's a good 80/20 solution. 

Top Tags