cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

BALLOON NOTE LEADER

Sadrok
6-Contributor

BALLOON NOTE LEADER

My problem is the opposite from every post i thought would help me. I need to change the start position of a leader. I have multiple balloons I've created using "balloon note" and Creo places the leader on the bottom balloon and I'd like it to be attached to the top one. The only option I can change while creating the note is from vertical to horizontal. Any idea what drives Creo to place it there and is there a way to change it? Running Creo 3.0 M100

I did find a "workaround" (adding @o next to the number you want the leader to attach to) but I can't imagine there's not a correct way.Thanks.

BALLOON.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sadrok
6-Contributor
(To:Sadrok)

adding @o next to the number you want the leader to attach to seems to be the only way. I don't like doing it that way but i guess it'll have to do. Thanks for the responses.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris3
20-Turquoise

The balloon is just a symbol and every symbol has an origin. In order to do what you want you would need to change the origin location in the balloon symbol. You can do this with symbol gallery -> redefine.

The default origin for the balloon symbol is the center of the circle.

You are likely going to want to copy or create a new balloon symbol though so the rest of your balloons don't do the same thing.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Chris3)

I just re-read your post and I don't think I answered your question. You want to change the leader location for multiple merged balloons to a different merged balloon. You could do this by placing the origin location way above the balloon symbol as I mentioned, but it would not be parametric with respect to the number of merged balloons (ie it would not move as you added more or less merged balloons).

I do not know of a way to move the leader location to a different balloon for merged balloons otherwise. Maybe someone else does.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Actually, he is referring to "balloon notes" specifcally the ones under the drawing annotate tab under the little drop down arrow for annotations where you can create notes that are balloons (not symbols or repeat region balloons).

This uses the old menu manager for the options which include horizontal and vertical.

Unfortunately I don't know of a way to control the way the vertical  attach to the balloons.

The horizontal balloons auto-magically flip the balloon connection based on where the balloons is in relation to the leader. The veritcal ones do not.

ball note.jpg

Sadrok
6-Contributor

adding @o next to the number you want the leader to attach to seems to be the only way. I don't like doing it that way but i guess it'll have to do. Thanks for the responses.

Top Tags