cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

BOM w/ multiple configs, Dash Item

kspabs
7-Bedrock

BOM w/ multiple configs, Dash Item

I created a BOM with two configurations (two different models) and have a few issues I'm looking to find solutions for.

1.  Right now the QTY column is blank where no quantity exists. When i try to Repeat Region>Dash Index, I get the message: "Select a text which contains rpt.index or rpt.qty." followed by "Not a valid report symbol to be dashed. Select again." after trying to select the blank cell to be "-". When I switch symbols, i still see rpt.qty in this column, but as I click on it this switches to qty.m560r0. How can I get around this?
  2. After adding the new config qty column, all parts for the -2 config are now at the end of my BOM, effectively breaking my initial part number structure. Can i get them back into their initial place without using fix index?
  3. Adding a new -2 config column breaks my relation the removes a specified cage code. It still removes the specified cage code, but also removes a few others that aren't specified while keeping a few. Seems a bit random to me.
my_cagecode = " "

IF exists("asm_mbr_cagecode") 
	IF asm_mbr_cagecode == "12345"
		my_cagecode = " "
	ELSE
		my_cagecode = asm_mbr_cagecode
	ENDIF
ELSE
	my_cagecode = " "
ENDIF

1 REPLY 1

@kspabs wrote:

I created a BOM with two configurations (two different models) and have a few issues I'm looking to find solutions for.

1.  Right now the QTY column is blank where no quantity exists. When i try to Repeat Region>Dash Index, I get the message: "Select a text which contains rpt.index or rpt.qty." followed by "Not a valid report symbol to be dashed. Select again." after trying to select the blank cell to be "-". When I switch symbols, i still see rpt.qty in this column, but as I click on it this switches to qty.m560r0. How can I get around this?
  2. After adding the new config qty column, all parts for the -2 config are now at the end of my BOM, effectively breaking my initial part number structure. Can i get them back into their initial place without using fix index?
  3. Adding a new -2 config column breaks my relation the removes a specified cage code. It still removes the specified cage code, but also removes a few others that aren't specified while keeping a few. Seems a bit random to me.
my_cagecode = " "

IF exists("asm_mbr_cagecode") 
	IF asm_mbr_cagecode == "12345"
		my_cagecode = " "
	ELSE
		my_cagecode = asm_mbr_cagecode
	ENDIF
ELSE
	my_cagecode = " "
ENDIF

Hi,

I think you have to ask PTC Support and send them your data.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags