cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Boms, tables, and sub-assy's?

slyman
1-Newbie

Boms, tables, and sub-assy's?

How can I get Creo 2.0 to list entire part structure, including parts in sub-assemblies, in tables and Bom balloons on drawings?

Seems like such a no brainer but can't figure it out

Steve

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcox-2
1-Newbie
(To:slyman)

Hi Steve,

There are a couple of options here. One: if you have a repeat region showing you the top level structure only, you can show the entire structure as a single list by going into the repeat region menu manager, select Attributes, choose the repeat region you're interested in and set it to Recursive.

Option two: you can use nested repeat regions. This can give you a more traditional product tree structure. To do this you need to create a table 3 rows tall and as many columns as you need wide, then create a repeat region across the bottom two rows. Next create a second RR in the bottom row (see first picture)Nested rpt rgn 1.JPG

Then you can populate the parameters into the table, so everything in row 2 would be for the upper level in the BOM, then everything in row 3 would be for the BOM components. Titles obviously go in row 1.

Nested rpt rgn 2.JPG

I haven't tried doing this for more than 1 nested region, though I guess you could play with trying that if you want. I also don't think you can show BOM balloons for anything inside the nested region - again you may need to experiment.

Hope this helps.

Dave

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dcox-2
1-Newbie
(To:slyman)

Hi Steve,

There are a couple of options here. One: if you have a repeat region showing you the top level structure only, you can show the entire structure as a single list by going into the repeat region menu manager, select Attributes, choose the repeat region you're interested in and set it to Recursive.

Option two: you can use nested repeat regions. This can give you a more traditional product tree structure. To do this you need to create a table 3 rows tall and as many columns as you need wide, then create a repeat region across the bottom two rows. Next create a second RR in the bottom row (see first picture)Nested rpt rgn 1.JPG

Then you can populate the parameters into the table, so everything in row 2 would be for the upper level in the BOM, then everything in row 3 would be for the BOM components. Titles obviously go in row 1.

Nested rpt rgn 2.JPG

I haven't tried doing this for more than 1 nested region, though I guess you could play with trying that if you want. I also don't think you can show BOM balloons for anything inside the nested region - again you may need to experiment.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Top Tags