cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Boms, tables, and sub-assy's?

slyman
1-Newbie

Boms, tables, and sub-assy's?

How can I get Creo 2.0 to list entire part structure, including parts in sub-assemblies, in tables and Bom balloons on drawings?

Seems like such a no brainer but can't figure it out

Steve

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcox-2
1-Newbie
(To:slyman)

Hi Steve,

There are a couple of options here. One: if you have a repeat region showing you the top level structure only, you can show the entire structure as a single list by going into the repeat region menu manager, select Attributes, choose the repeat region you're interested in and set it to Recursive.

Option two: you can use nested repeat regions. This can give you a more traditional product tree structure. To do this you need to create a table 3 rows tall and as many columns as you need wide, then create a repeat region across the bottom two rows. Next create a second RR in the bottom row (see first picture)Nested rpt rgn 1.JPG

Then you can populate the parameters into the table, so everything in row 2 would be for the upper level in the BOM, then everything in row 3 would be for the BOM components. Titles obviously go in row 1.

Nested rpt rgn 2.JPG

I haven't tried doing this for more than 1 nested region, though I guess you could play with trying that if you want. I also don't think you can show BOM balloons for anything inside the nested region - again you may need to experiment.

Hope this helps.

Dave

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dcox-2
1-Newbie
(To:slyman)

Hi Steve,

There are a couple of options here. One: if you have a repeat region showing you the top level structure only, you can show the entire structure as a single list by going into the repeat region menu manager, select Attributes, choose the repeat region you're interested in and set it to Recursive.

Option two: you can use nested repeat regions. This can give you a more traditional product tree structure. To do this you need to create a table 3 rows tall and as many columns as you need wide, then create a repeat region across the bottom two rows. Next create a second RR in the bottom row (see first picture)Nested rpt rgn 1.JPG

Then you can populate the parameters into the table, so everything in row 2 would be for the upper level in the BOM, then everything in row 3 would be for the BOM components. Titles obviously go in row 1.

Nested rpt rgn 2.JPG

I haven't tried doing this for more than 1 nested region, though I guess you could play with trying that if you want. I also don't think you can show BOM balloons for anything inside the nested region - again you may need to experiment.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags