cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Boundary-Blend Problem

mrubino
1-Newbie

Boundary-Blend Problem

When I use “Boundary Blend” in Creo, part mode, some of the blend/shell is not smooth and I’m not sure how to correct this. I’m reading in points from an external Excel file, than I use “Curve”, “Through Points” to connect the points, this is where I believe the problem starts. In "Ideas CAD" it would constrain the curve to every point giving a nice smooth section. If you look at the attached file you can see the connecting curves in Creo is very wavy. It only happens when there's an abrupt change in direction. Does anyone have a suggestion to correct this problem? The attachment only shows two sections a few inches apart. When completed the part I’m trying to create could be 12 feet long with multiple sections. Is there a better way of creating this?

Picture1.gif

Slide1.GIFSlide2.GIFSlide3.GIF

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
James62
10-Marble
(To:mrubino)

You can control the shape of the surface with Control Points after you've selected the boundary curves. It's under Right Mouse Button menu.

A "ribbon" feature comes to mind here. Much simpler and may work in your application.

If you need to re-use those point files, then you might also look at simplifying the curve. That too is available in the curve editing tab that Jakub refers to.

Last, you can also sweep a feature along a curve. There are quite a few ways to achieve this. The method depends on how close to the original you need to be.

Top Tags