cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Bulk Items

ScottCrowe
1-Newbie

Bulk Items

WF4 - M150

I am looking for a way to identify Bulk Items in the CONDITION.MCC file without adding any parameters to key off of. At first I used an IF statement using model type.

IF (MODEL_TYPE NEQ PRT_SOLID) AND (MODEL_TYPE NEW ASM_DESIGN)

This works fine when I save the Bulk Item itself. However, after adding that IF statement into the CONDITION.MCC file, whenever I save a DRW, Modelcheck uses the MCS and MCH files I identified with the bulk items. This behavior is regardless of what model type the drawing model is. When I save from the PRT, ASM or Bulk Item window (relations) the correct modelcheck config files are used. When I save from the DRW, the IF statement I created for the Bulk Items is used. If I remove that IF statement, then the ELSE statement is used.

So, first question is how to identify a BULK ITEM model type in the CONDITION.MCC file (without using additional parameters if at all possible)?

Second question is how to have the proper model check files read when a save is performed from the DRW?

I have attached a sample of the condition.mcc file

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Scott

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Scott,

Have you looked at using Bulk_Items in the checks checks.mch ?
Then it would show up in the report form after running modelcheck on the assembly.

BULK_ITEMS (Bulk Items)

Y/N/E/W

Reports any bulk items found in the assembly.

Suggested Settings:

Inter

Batch

Regen

Save

Y

Y

N

Y

Thanks for the reply Don,

That particular checks works fine and does report back if a bulk item is in an assembly.

We have different parameters and requirements for a bulk items versus a solid part, so I'd like to identify whether it is a bulk item or not in the condition.mcc file. Once it is identified as a bulk item then different configuration files can be used.

More of an issue to me is the fact that when a DRW is saved, the model type IF statements are ignored and the ELSE statement is used regardless.

I would assume that when a drawing is saved the primary drawing model is used when executing the if statements that involve Model Type.

Scott

Top Tags