cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

CREO 12 assembly with dynamic view transparency

SW_2747557
2-Guest

CREO 12 assembly with dynamic view transparency

After interaction with Windchill check-in, a parent assembly demonstrates what I can best describe as a dynamic transparency.  Tracking with view orientation, assembly component portions that would be invisible within a mating part are visible (with display style set to any shaded version).  It's as if there's a dynamic clipping mode or transparency mode.  I have not been able to determine what settings are in effect or have changed.  Children of the parent do not demonstrate this issue.  Thanks for any assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:SW_2747557)

I would first rule out graphics card problems.

Add GRAPHICS WIN32_GDI to your config.pro (it is a hidden option for testing graphics). 

Restart creo.

If the problem goes away, you have a graphics card issue, first remove that option, then possibly try upgrading (or sometimes downgrading) the graphics card drivers.

If their is no change in the issue, graphics card is likely not the problem.

I have restarted the system more than once with no change to status, and the issue is only present with this model. Even the children of this model do not exhibit the same situation, nor do other files.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:SW_2747557)

@SW_2747557 

Did you try the config option? I really don't expect that to be the problem if it is just one model but, on occasion, graphics card issues show up in very unexpected ways.

Just don't forget to remove the option after testing. That option turns off opengl graphics and will have a very negative affect on performance.

Top Tags