cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Cables and Wires suddenly changing diameter

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Cables and Wires suddenly changing diameter

We have an odd scenario where a user noticed that they opened their cable assembly and the cables and wires appeared to have the wrong diameter. In some cases, they were huge (elephantitis as described). In a more recent case, they were extremely thin. The routings however were the same meaning that a packed series of wires were still spaced as if they were of the correct diameter. Inspecting the spool parameters showed that the spool assigned to the wires was in fact the correct diameter. Very odd. We even had cases were two different users were looking at the same assembly. One saw it and the other did not. I was able to see the model preview before opening the assembly where the diameters were correct but as soon as the assembly was retrieved, the diameters shrunk and became very thin. Does anyone know what is causing this? I cannot seem to find the issue described anywhere.

Using Creo 2.0.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi

I assume that the logical data matches. I have seen users edit the spools to change the behaviour of the routing and then when they perform a logical ref update the logical data updates the spool information which then updates the wires.

If this is not the case and you can consistently repeat the issue then please send the data to technical support

cheers, Jim

The cables were not driven from logical data. I assume you were referring to a schematic (RSD or Diagram). Nope, manually routed.

Top Tags