cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Cannot select nut or washer with screw in menu

kboyle
7-Bedrock

Cannot select nut or washer with screw in menu

Hello again, I can select any type of screw from our custom drop down list however the options to add a washer and/ or nut remain grey. Can you help me locate my error? I examined my .mnu files and name mapping looks OK. I attached our screws_and_pins folder for review.

Many thanks,

Keith

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Keith,

I have downloaded your ZIP file.

Everything seems to work correct.

Can you please send me a screenshot of the problem.

Thanks,

Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi Keith,

could you solve the Problem?

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Welcome back Oliver!

Sadly, no. I just cannot find what is causing the ‘disconnect’. We continue to add new lengths to each table but that should not play a role in selecting the correct size nut or washer. My best guess is that is has to be a naming issue but I still cannot prove anything.

Hi Keith,

I have tested it again and I still have no problems.

I can select a washer for a screwed connection:

Infinera-mm-M5.png

And I can select a nut and a washer for a connection with a nut (mm and inch)!

Infinera-mm-M20.pngInfinera-inch-1.png

I have reduced the library to the infinera-mm and infinera-inch folder and attached the folder.

Please try it again and send me more details if it fail again.

Thanks.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

I figured it would work fine for someone else. I downloaded your file and replaced ours. I went in and set-up a new fastener and we still have sizes where there are no washer or nut options. Any idea where I should look?

no_washers_nuts.JPG

kboyle
7-Bedrock
(To:kboyle)

It seems to be common with the smaller inch sizes. Anything smaller than #6 has no options.

Hi Keith,

I have checked your washer files. The smallest washer is No.6.

So if you select a screw smaller then No. 6 no washer is available because no one exist.

Infinera-inch-no6.png

I also checked the nuts. The smallest available nut has a diameter of 0.25

So just add smaller sizes then you can select them in the option menu.

Regards,

Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

OK, I created/ added #2 and #4 washers to the table and they appear in the IFX interface. I will continue to add data for the nuts so I think we're on to something here.

Thanks for looking!

Top Tags