cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Cannot select region

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Cannot select region

I have a two page drawing with one model on one page and another model on another page. I am in the process of updating the balloons on the two pages for their respective BOM's. I set the model active to the corresponding page and as I mouse over the regions, the outline of them appears (see picture below - aqua dotted outline). Selecting the Table Tab and then BOM balloons command, then create Balloons: now when I mouse over the regions since it is asking for a region for me to place the balloons, the regions will not allow them to be selected (similar, but no aqua window present).

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

region_not_activated.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Dale_Rosema)

There is some terminology here being used that is confusing me. When you say region, that should specifically be refering to the table that contains a repeat region. The "view" is what is highlighted on the drawing in aqua.

Since you have 2 tables on this draiwng, it wants to know that region (table) that you want to show the balloons from. It is not asking you to select a view. Once you have selected the table, it should let you show the balloons for the view or component.

If I missed the point completely, I apologize.

Steve

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Is the repeat region, and the drawing view tied to the same model/representation?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:James62)

The repeat region on page two is tied to the regions on page two.

The repeat region on page one is tied to the regions on page one.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Dale_Rosema)

There is some terminology here being used that is confusing me. When you say region, that should specifically be refering to the table that contains a repeat region. The "view" is what is highlighted on the drawing in aqua.

Since you have 2 tables on this draiwng, it wants to know that region (table) that you want to show the balloons from. It is not asking you to select a view. Once you have selected the table, it should let you show the balloons for the view or component.

If I missed the point completely, I apologize.

Steve

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:StephenW)

Great catch! I have very few drawings like this, so normally when I update balloons, I just pick create balloons and then click on the view. I thought that since I was on the page that had that BOM, that it would know what region I was using. Didn't realize it needed me to tell it that. Makes sense & worked.

Thanks, Dale

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags