cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Changing dimensions

ptc-5491326
1-Newbie

Changing dimensions

Is there a way to change of units of an assembly and all of it's associated parts at once? If you change the unit system for the assembly it does not propagate to the parts within the assembly. Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes you can do this, IF you are using Creo 2.0 M070 or later. There is a check box in the lower right of the units manager box. Below is also a link to the PTC support page about this issue.

units.png

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS30468&posno=2&q=change units&nav=ptcproductgroups||creo||Product+Group||creo

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Yes you can do this, IF you are using Creo 2.0 M070 or later. There is a check box in the lower right of the units manager box. Below is also a link to the PTC support page about this issue.

units.png

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS30468&posno=2&q=change units&nav=ptcproductgroups||creo||Product+Group||creo

Thanks James! but apparently this is not in 2.0 M050. Has anyone found a workaround?

I think you will have to change each part one at a time. I have never found any other way. If your company has a current service plan with PTC, you can update at no cost. It usually takes less then 30 min. Of course your company policies will dictate if you can or can't updated. I don't know how many parts you have, but I'm guessing it would be quicker to update then it would be to change all of the parts one at a time. Good luck.

thanks for your help.

I have one doubt . Is there any way to unhide the below attachment . (i.e ) I want to use interpret dimensions

Thanks in advance .

Untitled.png

Hello,

test the functionality on new simple model. This way you will find whether the problem is related to your model or to Creo installation.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

thank you for your response .

This problem happens when I choose include all submodels check box in an assembly. In part level i can do it .

Manikandan

Hello,

I guess that the source of the problem is the fact that your assembly contains two groups of models - for example: some of them are in millimeters and some of them are in inches. The only solution is to contact PTC Support and report the problem to them.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thank you,

Issue solved.

---

Mani

Top Tags