cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Component moves in BOM

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Component moves in BOM

We have a drawing that when we open it in Creo (2 m220) one component comes into the BOM at item 23, which then paginates the BOM table at the right number so the second colum aligns with flag notes. Save the file and all is good when reopened in a new workspace or on another computer.

However, when we publish this file to PDF on the separate Windchill publishing machine, this item jumps to the top of BOM, item 110, and the BOM now has no item 23. This causes a shift and the note numbers no longer align with the item numbers in the second column.

We have tried fixing the index but that does not help.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

Could it be something in the publishing machine setup, it is running Creo 2 100.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

Upgrading to Creo 2 M220 seems to have fixed it but then introduced other issues.

The publishing was timing out after 900 seconds (15 minutes). Changed the timeout values in the recipe editor to no success. Finally increased the publish.cadtimeout.drawing to 1200, it had been 900. We had this issue with another drawing in 2015, so I went back through those responses and notes.

All is good for now.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

I would suspect that it's a flexible component and would not be surprised if there was some fix that was slipped in between the two Creo iterations.

This is why, when I come to it, I use Component Parameters in the assembly to assign item numbers explicitly. Users complain that it's 'so much work' but then will spend hours futzing with Fixing and Unfixing and filtering to make the BOM Repeat Region interpreter work 'automatically' and using the Simplified Rep balloon defect to put BOM balloons onto Rep views.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:dschenken)

I will check with the designer about it being a flexible component. I don't think it is. The component is a 3M adhesive backed tie-wrap holder that we mount to the outside of the machine and route a wiring bundle through the tie-wrap at that location.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

It is a flexible component as the tie wrap part is built into the base and the designer adjusts the wrap diameter depending on the wire bundle size at each location.

Like assembly cuts, flexible components seem to use the family table functions to create on-the-fly instances. The instances have names/data/pointers that are separate from the original item. If some module/function does not follow the trail all the way down, then the instance looks like it's a different component.

mender
6-Contributor

I also suspect a versioned bug fix between your publish worker xtop's version and you regular work's one.  To confirm export PDF from your regular work Creo.  To improve matters, update the publishing machine's install to match the current one in use.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mender)

When we do an export PDF (Save As-PDF) from Creo 2 M220, we get what we see on the screen.

I will try to copy the install of Creo 2 from the server to the publishing machine tomorrow.

BrianTaylor
4-Participant

Would fix index not solve this problem ?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BrianTaylor)

Fix index did not work.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Upgrading to Creo 2 M220 seems to have fixed it but then introduced other issues.

The publishing was timing out after 900 seconds (15 minutes). Changed the timeout values in the recipe editor to no success. Finally increased the publish.cadtimeout.drawing to 1200, it had been 900. We had this issue with another drawing in 2015, so I went back through those responses and notes.

All is good for now.

Top Tags