cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Computer-Aided Verification

rayyalasomayaju
1-Newbie

Computer-Aided Verification

Hi , I am trying to use Pro/ENGINEER Computer-Aided Verification. Can some one help me reference information on what can be expected out of this module. Like what DMIS version would we get as output. What machines is this compatible with. How to use this module...it would be great help for us.

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3

I don't think this functionality even exists. I've seen it on the website and asked about it a few times, but never seen anything like a demo, or anything that shows how it works. We have access a programmable CMM machine that would be suitable for a module of this kind, but I've never gotten any useful info about it.

Here's an unpromising thread on the topic I started last year: Inspection with Creo module

Hi Ken

After your response..I made a quick search on web... there are few sites which claim benefits of this. Not sure where and how... refer below content from a site....

Pro/ENGINEER Computer-Aided Verification

Quality inspection…Ensuring that proper manufacturing processes are conducted is an essential, but potentially expensive proposition.  Pro/ENGINEER Computer-Aided Verification delivers a straightforward, economical answer.  It allows digital inspections of machined parts and assemblies for quality assurance purposes and supports both CMM machines and laser scanners. Thus, this integral digital quality checking saves time, effort, and money.

• Perform simulation in a complete environment including parts, probes, fixtures and machines
  • Generate industry standard DMIS programs for CMM machines
  • Gauge quality of machined parts and assemblies, enabling first article inspection
  • Reduces need for redesigns because inspection takes place digitally
  • Reduces product and development costs via problem resolution before manufacturing

Am I just missing where to find this..if someone says it can do all the listed above ...

Best Regards

DMIS data files are generated from the probe paths specified within CMM Measure sequences. Output per sequence or per Operation. These DMIS data files can then be passed to machine-specific or generic post-processors to convert DMIS into vendor-specific CMM languages.

See reference information within the Help section. Several chapters under Manufacturing \ Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM). Starting with "Using CMM" through "Probe Path".

Top Tags