cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Configuration Parts?

Norman
1-Newbie

Configuration Parts?

I have an assembly that will need to come in at different positions (same p/n but, ie, one comes in at 0,0,0 and another same p/n comes in at 0,0,1, etc).

Is there a way to set up, based on the configuration, so that it comes in the right position depending which configuration to pick? I don't know much about Configurable Part, but from the assembly standpoint which is require to set it up for multiple configurations? Any mating requirements? Where can I find some help on this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
jsarkar
1-Newbie
(To:Norman)

Configuration is used i guess in solidworks software. However you can do the same with snapshot. Click on drag icon in model tab of assembly file then create snapshot.

Norman
1-Newbie
(To:jsarkar)

There's an option in Windchill that handles PLM. I was told it's configurable parts, but I don't know anything about it. It's another level above WTPart.

Top Tags