cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Copy Geometry fails

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

Copy Geometry fails

I have an assembly with a start part and several Publish Geometry features that are referenced by Copy Geometry features in the assembly components.

Just when I am almost finished with this project, the Copy Geometries in all my parts have failed. I get the following message, which I have never seen before.

"XXXX-XX-XXX regeneration completed with atypical feature or component status. Failed: 2. Child of Failed: 70."

The start part is in session and the Publish Geometries in the start part are all unchanged from hen they previously worked. They have not been renamed, they are not missing geometry. When I do a Feature Info on the child part's Copy Geometry feature, it points to the correct Publish Geometry on the correct start part. When I try to Edit Definition of the Copy Geometry and re-select the Publish Geometry of ths start part it fails again.

Has anyone had this happen before?

We're using Creo/Elements (WF5.0) on 64 bit Windows 7 and no, we won't be going to Creo1 in the near future.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

'Morning Grahame. Not going to Creo 1? Why, are you enjoying the ribbin in Creo so much you don't want to risk losing it?

I haven't run into any Publish Geometry issues yet, but I had some geometry failures when opening a file in Creo that I originally made in 2000i. I had to redo the references of a curve I made thru the intersection of 2 surfaces, and then it worked. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, if there are these incompatibility issues buried in the software due to the radical changes, imagine the issues we'll have downstream with these ticking timebombs?

Top Tags