cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Copy of assy and drawing

jrosenlund-2
2-Guest

Copy of assy and drawing

Is it possible to create a copy of an assy and drawing and not put out every ballon  on the drawing again?

My problem is that I have an assy with 50 posisions in BOM and if I want to change 1 part to another I have to put out all 50 ballons again.

In a lot of other system this is not necessary and they recognise the parts connected to the ballons.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi johan,

You can take back of existing drawing (with master REP of assembly) to local directory. Then set working directory to local directory.

Rename assembly and drawing both keeping assembly open. (Do not rename assembly without opening drawing)

Save it to local directory.

If you are working with windchill then import both files to local work space. Make sure at the time of importing you are keeping dependent to "None" and your new drawing is ready with different assembly name.

Hope this answer your question.

Thanks,

Jitu

I am working with Elements direct and Model manager, I don't know if I have posted it in the wrong place.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:jrosenlund-2)

Ahhh, Toby Metcalf‌ will move this to the Creo Elements direct page.

You'll get the right help there.

Thank you Stephen Williams‌ - I have moved this discussion to get the right eyes on it.

Best,

Toby

Top Tags