cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Copying imported surfaces and editing copy features

David_M
5-Regular Member

Copying imported surfaces and editing copy features

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to copy a surface from an imported part so that I can start working with it?

I'm also having an issue editing an existing copy feature. The model has some copy features that reference surfaces in other parts. I want to change one of these features to reference a different surface, so Edit Definition > References > Details... > Quilt Surfaces But that only lets me choose surfaces within the current part, and if I change window to the source part then the operation is cancelled.

Can anyone help with these issues?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:David_M)

Each copy feature of surfaces must pull surfaces from only one part. But, you can get around this by simply using a separate copy feature for each set of surfaces from different parts.

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:David_M)

Turns out you have to copy via an assembly unless you have teh Advaced Assembly extension.

Top Tags