cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Create additional patch on a solid

MauroStefanovic
4-Participant

Create additional patch on a solid

Hi,

i need help to get a simple way (not complex tricks if possible) to have some additional patches on a solid model. If you see .pdf i need a solid model with patch contours similar to quilts not merged. When i try to merge and solidify patch contours disappear. Can you help me please?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do. Are you saying you want additional surfaces on top of the solid?

Then just make a copy of them before the merge. Go into insert mode before the merge and hold down ALT and select a surface, then copy/paste. That will give you an idividual surface. Repeat as needed then cancel insert mode.

If you are referring to a surface on top of a surface that looks bad from the solid and surface occupying the same place, then there are two tricks. One method is to copy the replacement surfaces as noted above. Then color the solid surfaces to be removed any custom color with 100% transparency. Color the remaining surface copies however you like and change the family table accordingly.

A second method is to offset the copied patches by a very small amount so they don't interfere with the solid geometry.

See attached (1st method), is that what you are after?

Hi, thank you for the reply. I'm interested on solid geometry, not in quilts. Your first method isn't what i need.

Please see example. If in my file you could put offset 0 mm, you'll have what i need.

I think this is nice thing for product idea. I nad need for same thing before.

Post it as idea.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags