cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creating a curve using "Whole Array" AND "Multiple Rad"

ptc-2268760
3-Visitor

Creating a curve using "Whole Array" AND "Multiple Rad"

How does one create a curve using Multiple Radii on a Whole Array (Offset CSys Datum Point)? I only get to specify one radius and can find no way to edit or redefine the curve to specify more than one. I've heard that Multiple Radii may only be available for curves through Single Points. Is this true?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hello Jim and welcome to the forum.

If all your points are showing up as a single point; right click on the point and choose the last option. This should make all the points individual and each fillet can be dimensioned. Careful thought, I just crashed Creo doing this.

curve_fillets.PNG

It takes some work to disassociate the points from each other, but it works. To be clear, you right click on the single entry in the dialog to expand to individual points. Then you have to turn of the grouping for each point.

Antonius,

When you right click the point, what is your "last option" that makes the points individual? I notice you have Creo2 whereas I'm still on Creo1 for another month or so (so maybe my last option is different from your last option). Also, do you do this before putting a curve through the points?

As a side note, I've noticed that in order to use multiple radii and be able to edit them later, a different radius must be entered for each corner even if they are the same. For example, if all the radii are the same except the last one and the same radius is chosen from the SEL VALUE in the Menu Manager, then when it comes time to edit one of those (say, if you change your mind) then only the first one is shown and changing it changes all of the same ones. If I want to leave them editable, I enter a slightly different value than what I want using "New Value" under SEL VALUE, for each radius, and then go back and edit them to make them the same. This is unnecessarily laborious but it keeps the radii individual.

I look forward to doing this under Creo2 but for now I must make it work in Creo.

Jim

It was very persistent in maintaining the groups so changing only one should be easier.

I created the curve with an internal point set. It becomes a single Point Feature.

The RMB option is "convert to points". It creates an entry for each point in the point set rather than bunching them up into one point feature.

Your best method for making all the same radii except the last one may be to use 2 point sets. That way one can have all the same radii but the last will be different. Not sure if that works but it is logical that it should.

Just a thought. It is not the most intuitive interface I've seen but certainly not the worst... wait, let me think about that a while.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags