cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creating a new part from a mold?

amendicino
1-Newbie

Creating a new part from a mold?

Hello there, I've been using the student edition for about a month and I am pretty new to the software.

I found out how to make a "mold" in assembly mode if you already have the part (Model > Component > Component Operations > Cut Out)

But what if I need to go through the opposite process? I have the mold and I need to create a new part out of it.

Any help? Thank you.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forum, Andrea.

You could subtract the mold from a block in a part the same way, but I suggest you find the master part and copy that to make a new part. Somewhere the cut-out part should exist.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the forum, Andrea.

You could subtract the mold from a block in a part the same way, but I suggest you find the master part and copy that to make a new part. Somewhere the cut-out part should exist.

I don't know how I managed not to think of that. I was so busy searching for some command I didn't even need.

Thank you!

Top Tags