cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creating zones on large assys without BOM balloons showing everywhere?

ptc-5433460
1-Newbie

Creating zones on large assys without BOM balloons showing everywhere?

I’m trying to do a zone view on a large assy. I got the zone view to pop on the drawing but my BOM balloons are showing up everywhere when I print. Looks correct on the computer. Any ideas.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hello Tom.

Can you provide some images of the problem? Screen shot in the application compared to the output of the print?

I don't use zones for views but I suspect there is a limitation in this.

Of course, you can always open a support case to report what you may consider to not be working as expected.

Thanks Antonius. This is a sample of what's happening. I created 2 zones on seperate sheets and

identified BOM balloons on each of the views. I think it's picking all the balloons and showing them on

both views as well as the BOM page which has no views attached.

BOM+drawing.JPG

Oh now that is a new one It may be difficult to get WF4 support.

The fact that is printing stuff not visible is problematic. I know Creo has a switch to only print visible objects. You might look for that in your WF4 print settings.

I have never likes associative ballooning from a BOM. Maybe this was one of the reasons I didn't like it, I cannot remember. Personally, I like managing my BOMs manually and placing balloons manually. I'm an old world drafter so I have no trouble confirming the correctness of my work when checking the BOM against the find numbers, and I also know they won't change on the next iteration.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags