cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo 3.0 Inheritance Models

meline
1-Newbie

Creo 3.0 Inheritance Models

In Creo 3.0 M050, is it possible to make an inheritance part from a part that is itself an inheritance part?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:meline)

yes

meline
1-Newbie
(To:Chris3)

Are there some common reasons why an external merge/inheritance might fail to regenerate? The "feature geometry can not be restored". In this case, my inherited part resides in a different network folder than the source part (not using Windchill).

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Is it in session when you do the regenerate? Can you perform the same feature changes on the original and still get it to regenerate?

meline
1-Newbie

The source file is in session. I can perform changes to the original and it regenerates fine. The change shows in the tree of the child part, but the none geometry of the original geometry will generate.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Have you tried repeating from scratch to see if it is reproducible?

meline
1-Newbie

I tried testing this approach with very simple models and it worked fine. Tried again with my more complicated models and had the same bad results.

I ended up using a family table instead, not what I wanted but it gets me there.

But thank you for your input.

fnefli
13-Aquamarine

try to do a copy of geometry (solide geometry only) as a workaround for your problem

Top Tags