cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo 4.0 Datum Annotations in Family Table?

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Creo 4.0 Datum Annotations in Family Table?

Using Creo 4.0, M040

I've got an assembly, with a datum annotation on one of the components. It's a cylindrical part, with the outer diameter surface designated as Datum B.

I am defining a family table for the assembly with an instance that does not include the cylindrical part with the datum. I would think that doing so would merely mean that the instance does not have the part, and thus does not have the datum. This would be the same behavior observed if I have other components whose placement is defined by the same part. This is not what happens, however. Instead, I get a red flag, with the notification that "1 Annotation has failed".

If I'm not imagining things, in previous versions of Creo I would have been able to add the datum to the family table, and subsequent retrieval of the instance would not have had Datum B, and no error. With Creo 4.0, I can't add the datum to the family table, since it seems it's not categorized in any fashion that allows me to do so. It's not a feature or any of the other choices available to me.

Is this a bug in Creo, or am I uninformed about a change in philosophy with regards to datum annotations?

Either way, short of deleting the annotation entirely, how can I get a nice instance retrieval without the nasty failure notifications?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags