cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo Distributed Batch on Large List of Creo Objects in Windchill

tcusumano
12-Amethyst

Creo Distributed Batch on Large List of Creo Objects in Windchill

I searched and saw a few questions on this but no definite answer so posting again.

Is there a solution to use Creo Distributed Batch to create a Step file from a list (in this case 3000 objects). All objects reside in Windchill, all objects are parts (.prt). I only have an excel spreadsheet of the parts I need to have a Step file created from. My actual parts are in Windchill in several context locations.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

My Own Reply....

I have reviewed the Distributed Pro Batch tool and do not see any way that I can run this from a list of p/n I have identified in a flat file without actually exporting all the files to a folder.

I looked at possibly creating a script and modifying the saved .dxc (saved pro batch command) file by adding the file name to the "Object Context=" line but it requires the full path and the version, info I do not have readily available.

Example of line in .dxc:

<Object Context="PDM Test">wtpub://MYWindchill/Products/PDM Test/mypart.prt|v=A.0</Object>

I am abandoning this approach and will create a script that reads the flat file of parts and create trail file on the fly that creates the step file.

Still welcoming any ideas, I was also thinking of using the CAD Publisher and ask for inputs from anyone that has successfully done it this way.

Hello,

I think the object must start with a driveletter. Now it starts with wtpub://... , this will not work.

Change

<Object Context="PDM Test">wtpub://MYWindchill/Products/PDM Test/mypart.prt|v=A.0</Object>

to

<Object Context="PDM Test">X://MYWindchill/Products/PDM Test/mypart.prt|v=A.0</Object>

and use "net use" to assign the X: to wtpub://

You can get more info on 'net use' command by typing 'net use /help' in a command pormpt window.

Top Tags