cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo/Pro BOM questions

WilliamJugovich
1-Newbie

Creo/Pro BOM questions

How can I create a Creo/Pro Bom, which references the simplified rep for the bom balloons but shows the quantity of the master rep?Capture.JPG

Sorry, the back story has been insertered into this message as a picture because it won't let me paste from Microsoft word into the message box and I'm definity not re-typing that into here.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

William,

One easy solution is to use TWO bom tables, one visible with the sheet boundary and represents the master rep so it'd show the correct quantity. The original table (with the simp rep and the balloons are referencing it) is then dragged outside the sheet boundary so it won't show in printing.

Another solution is to have every thing in master rep. In the asm, control the visibilty of unnecessary screws by layers and hide them in the drawing. I hope I'm understanding the issue correctly.

We use SAP boms reports on the drawing as the master and only use the Pro/Bom (already off the page) for Bom balloons and to verify the model matches what is in SAP.

The idea of having a second Pro/Bom has come up but I'm not a big fan because then you have to maintain all three boms (including the SAP bom).

The layers idea is very similar to the blanking of components in the drawing but we already have a huge problem with cluttered layer trees and this would only add to that problem.

I'm really just looking for a way to add a column to the repeat region that references a different rep than the rest of the table.

Thank you and I do apprecaite the help but those solutions don't really fit our need.

Unfortunately you can't do what you want. I've wanting them to change this for some time now.

Top Tags