cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo Pro/Process Editing Problem

sdowns
1-Newbie

Creo Pro/Process Editing Problem

Hello,

I'm using Creo 2.0 on Windchill (I'm not sure what version of Windchill)

I'm working on editing the step representations in the Creo Pro/Process application within Creo 2.0.  Specifically, I am making one small change, switching a part for a nearly identical part that's just a tad bit wider.  Anyways, let's call the new part "A" and the old part "B".  We also are dealing with two assemblies: the Upper Level assembly and a smaller assembly that is a component of the upper.  To explain the relations, part "B" is a component of the UPPER LEVEL, along with the smaller assembly.  To be clear, "B" is NOT a component of the smaller assembly, but is being added into the UPPER LEVEL ASSEMBLY along with the lower level assembly, and "B" is being replaced with "A" at this level.

What I'm trying to attempt is this: I have a J shaped piece (smaller assembly) and am applying a sort of tape to it ("A"/"B") by showing a thin rectangular prism in Creo to represent this "piece".  Because this is a small set of parts relative to the whole assembly, a separate simplified representation has been created to showcase these two specific components in order to show their alignment and such. 

The problem occurs when I remove part "B" and replace it with part "A".  This works fine in the regular assembly, everything appears as it is supposed to.  When I go to edit the steps in Creo Pro/Process, Step 12 (which is the step that describes how to assemble parts "A" and the smaller assembly onto the UPPER ASSEMBLY) stops working.  In fact, all steps after step 11 stop working.  Also, if I look at the whole assembly on the Master Rep, all of the involved pieces ("A", smaller assembly, other pieces stuck on in same area) do not show up AT ALL even though they can be seen in the list of components shown.  No matter how I try to navigate the steps (next step or set step), I am returned to step 11 if I try to go any further.  As you can see, this creates a problem when I even try to edit step 12 because it sends me to edit step 11 instead.

Also, at first none of the steps have any differences in their text representation on the Model Tree.  When I try to edit Step 12, it shows an error by bolding and text changing to red (I'm sure you've seen this before, it's pretty common for failed parts and whatnot)

Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on?

Help me PTC Community,  you're my only hope

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags