cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo View Express 3.0 Axis and plane display issues

mvanderlugt
1-Newbie

Creo View Express 3.0 Axis and plane display issues

Hi Eveyone,

This is my first post here so please go easy on me.

I use Creo 3.0 and would like production to use Creo View Express 3.0 for model interogation, freeing up resources in the design office.

Although this, in my opinion is a good idea I am unable to display axis or planes for native Creo files in view express.

This does not allow production staff to measure the models correctly.

My two questions are this,

Where can I submit a bug report for this issue?

What other free or inexpensive software can anyone think of to view and measure native Creo files.

Many thanks for any help given.

Have a great day.

Miles

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Miles,

you can automate PVZ file creation. Maybe TrailMaker made by Jose Costa can do it.

And ... you are right ... PTC's own viewer should be able to display datum geometry .

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Miles,

Creo View is not my specialty and I don't have the Express version available for testing but I have a couple suggestions.

In Creo View Lite, I found under the Home tab > Filters icon > then select the "Model Construction Geometry" items.

Also, take a look at the following document. You should do the opposite of the resolution since you are trying to show planes and the document is for hiding them.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS34808

If this doesn't work let us know as other users may be able to suggest alternatives.

Miles,

I think that Creo View is not able to show datum geometry hidden inside native Creo files.

You have to configure Creo properly and export (ie. Save As) native Creo file as PVZ file. When you open PVZ file in Creo View, you will see datum geometry.

Configuration:

---

Locate export_pvs.rcp file in your Creo installation.

The path is similar to ... CREO3_LOADPOINT\Creo 3.0\M010\Common Files\text\prodview\export_pvs.rcp

Add the following lines at the end of this file:

adapter/outputDatumPlane=1

adapter/outputDatumCurve=1

adapter/outputDatumPoint=1

adapter/outputDatumAxis=1

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

Martin, You are right. I have tried this and it does indeed work.

The problem I have is that creating PVZ files for all of the models that production may want to interogate is just not workable.

So far I have been unable to find a viewer that will display the axis or planes to enable production to measure assemblies and models effectivly.

Do you think that PTC's own viewer should be capable of this?

Miles,

you can automate PVZ file creation. Maybe TrailMaker made by Jose Costa can do it.

And ... you are right ... PTC's own viewer should be able to display datum geometry .

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Brilliant, thank you so much, that will do it.

Well until PTC gets its act together and decides to fix this for native files.

I really don't understand how software is released with simple errors like this. Perhaps I am too naive, who knows?

I am not picking on PTC BTW as lots of software developers seem to have similar issues.

Miles

I have been told that this is not a bug and I should create an enhancement request.

Sorry but it IS a bug.

I guess I am just learning what it is like to be a PTC customer. Not good customer relations at all.

Oh well.

Top Tags