cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Creo titleblock setup - just one size or ?..

ungarata
1-Newbie

Creo titleblock setup - just one size or ?..

Hello all;

I'm setting up titleblocks for Creo; we just purchased it where I work. My question is: do i need to create titleblocks for all sizes of paper (A, B, C, etc.) or just create one, then print to scale to fit whatever size paper it's on? If that's the recommended path, what size do I make the titleblock?

Thanks,

-eric

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.

3 REPLIES 3
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ungarata)

How are they going to be printed off? Does your company use an A or B size printer or do you use a plotter where you can print off any size? If you just have an A size (i.e. 8 1/2 x 11") I would recommend setting up one border size and then using multiple sheets if the one drawing gets to busy for that space. I have several templates that are used for drawings. It reads in parameter from the part (i.e. modeled_by, revision, description, date, .....). We only use A size drawings at our facility, so I can standardize on text size and such of optimal read ability on the floor.

We usually print them as A or B, but we have a large plotter that can do up to E size, so the answer is we can print any reasonable size. So you're saying to create one format with multiple sheets, and each sheet is a different paper size? How do you then create a multi-sheet format for each size? Maybe this wouldn't work for someone who prints out different sizes..?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ungarata)

Do you know when creating the drawing what size it is going to be printed?

Is so, I would make a templates for each size drawing.

In the sheet set up for the drawing, you can chose which template you would like to use for the part.

That way it would be always set.

(On a side note)

A second company I was at had the standard set at B size and all drawings were printed that way. The B size drawing can be printed out with an 8 1/2 x 11 printer with a little wasted paper on the top and bottom.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags