cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Crosshatch default to material

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Crosshatch default to material

We have the issue where when we set material for a part, the crosshatch doesn't default to the correct crosshatching for that material.  Is there a setting or some way to set the crosshatch per material?  For example ANSI Steel has a different crosshatch from ANSI Aluminum.  And both are different from the default crosshatch.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi BrianToussaint!

If you want the hatch to match the material you are using on the part, you need to edit the material properties and set the material property shown below.

fdefreitas_2-1627561580450.png

(sorry the window is in french...)

The standard hatchings (files with .xch extension) are in your ptc directory "Common Files\Mxxx\text\crosshatching".

The name you give to the material "hatching" must be one of the names of the directory without the .xch extension.

For example, if you choose aluminum crosshatching (i.e. aluminum.xch in the crosshatching directory), put "aluminum" in the material name.

good luck!

@fdefreitas  Thank you for the reply.  I found the "crosshatch" directory but the path is different.  We are on Creo 6, what version are you on?  Below is what is in the directory.  Do I need to create .xch extension files?  Do you know the format?  I looked in one of the .pat files and it had text for the different ansi patterns.  Do I copy one of those and make it .xch?

2021-07-29_10-22-28.jpg

Thanks!

I use both CREO 2 (the solution match this version, sorry) and CREO 4 also.

In the CREO 4 version there are also .pat files. You can edit these files in text mode and add material definitions.
As standard in the custom_patterns.pat file there are already materials.

fdefreitas_0-1627569827943.png

To resume: put on the material properties (see first post) you use on the part, the name without the * in front of it that matches.

Hope that help!

Top Tags